Hipsters & Hops - Sydney Inner West Brewery Tour - Full Day
- No booking or credit card fees
- Free cancellation available
- Earn 453 Reward Points per guest
- Booking protection from Experee
- Gratuities / Tip (optional)
Know before you go
- Duration: 7 hours
- Weather Dependent: Indoor - N/A
- Spectators: This experience is not suitable for spectators
- Animals Allowed: No Animals Allowed
The Hipsters & Hops Tour takes you to three great craft breweries in Sydney's inner west and two craft beer pubs.
When: Saturdays & Sundays. Check the calendar on the right for upcoming available dates in bold.
11:00am inside the Keg & Brew Hotel, 26 Foveaux Street, Sydney (a short walk from Central Station, see map on right).
Duration: approximately 7 hours.
Number of guest per tour: maximum 10 people per tour (contact us for information on larger groups).
Inclusions: Behind the scenes tours of each brewery, a heap of fun facts about beer, a good number of beer and cider tastings throughout the day, an amazing lunch, transport in our air conditioned buses, snacks and water, and an awesome tour guide.
What to bring: sturdy closed shoes, camera.
1. After meeting your guide at the Keg & Brew Hotel, its off to our first stop, Young Henry's brewery at Newtown. Here you will learn all about beer, beer history and what goes into making it, with of course a beer in your hand. With a head full of beer knowledge we get behind the scenes and go deep inside the brewery to see where it all happens. Out the other side of the brewery and back in the tasting bar, it's time to taste more of the Young Henrys range before we head off to lunch.
2. Lunch is at The Henson at Marrickville. Originally called the Henson Park Hotel, it opened in 1936 near the football ground of the same name - home to the legendary Newtown Jets. Recently renovated, it is an old school pub with an excellent menu of both food and craft beers. Why not try the famous "knuckle sandwich"? Wagyu brisket on rye with fennel coleslaw, Swiss cheese and smoky mayo. Awesome.
3. Staying in Marrickville, a short trip down the road takes us to the Batch Brewing Company. Here we will chat with the owners, Andrew and Chris, about how they started up brewing and setting up in a converted smash repair shop. We then retire to sample some of their wares in the tasting bar and maybe try our hand at a game of 'cornhole'!
4. Time to squeeze in one more brewery, the excellent Rocks Brewing in Alexandria. This Australian-owned and operated craft brewery is lead by fifth and sixth generation convict descendants. We begin with a tour of their state-of-the-art brewery before trying "the kinds of ales your grandfather and your grandfather’s father used to drink". They also have an impressive food menu if you are still hungry!
5. Finally it is time to head back toward Central for our final stop, the Royal Albert Hotel in Surry Hills. Part of the local scene since 1927, it offers a stunning array of craft beers and ciders in a cosy setting. Well known for its "Tap Takeover" evenings, where a craft brewer gets exclusive access to their eight taps and two hand pumps, it is the perfect place to end the day.
At the end of the day guests have the option of ending their tour at the Royal Albert Hotel or being dropped off at the nearby Central Station.
Drop off: approximately 6:00pm at either Central Station or the Royal Albert Hotel, Surry Hills.
Please note, while this is our usual itinerary, the order may change slightly due to brewery operations. Start times are fixed, however drop off times can change slightly depending upon traffic and other factors. Our guides/drivers do everything they can to have you back as close to the drop off time as promised.
Departure / meeting point
Starting point of the tour is at:
26 Foveaux Street,
New South Wales,
Ask a question
About the provider
26 Foveaux Street,
New South Wales,