Penguin and Seal Island Sea Kayak 6 hour Tour
Know before you go
- Duration: 24 hours
- Weather Dependent: Indoor - N/A
- Spectators: This experience is not suitable for spectators
- Animals Allowed: No Animals Allowed
- This product is covered by the Experee Guarantee
Paddling a sea kayak is a unique and intimate way to explore Penguin & Seal Islands.
Get up close and personal with the sea lions, cruise past colonies of pelicans and take in the rugged islands. Tours are led by a qualified instructor who will take you on a guided walk and snorkelling (in the warmer summer months) on Penguin Island. Sometimes we even see the dolphins! It’s a fun filled day suitable for beginners and advanced paddlers.
Participants must weigh less than 115kgs, be at least 8 years of age, be able
to understand basic English instructions and are required to sign a waiver of
liability prior to participating.
· Visiting the sea lions at Seal Island often that often swim and jump playfully amongst the kayaks!
· Silently gliding over shallow reefs, exploring secluded bays and getting up close to the islands all within an easy 700 metre to 1km distance offshore - easy paddling for beginners!
· Getting a close up water level view of the wildlife.
· Swimming from beautiful sandy beaches and snorkelling colourful reefs with your tour guide.
· Seeing the little penguins at the Discovery Centre and then enjoying an island picnic lunch under the trees overlooking sweeping views of the marine park.
· Double sit in kayaks (traditional sit insides with rudders), paddles and life vest
· Long sleeved sun shirts & hats
· Dry bags to keep your valuables dry
· Guided walk & snorkelling (mask and snorkel) on Penguin Island (November to March)
· Penguin feeding at the Discovery Centre· Morning tea & picnic lunch on Penguin Island
· Bathers, thongs or sandals in summer. A warm jacket in the cooler months. A change of clothes for after your paddle or snorkel.
· Drinking water, sunscreen, towel and camera.
Adults $180, Concession (8- 18 years) $162
Departure Times & Bookings
Departs daily; Sept. 26th, 2017 to April 25th, 2018)
Meet at 8.am at 153 Arcadia Drive, opposite the Penguin Road intersection, in the Pengos Cafe carpark. See our van/ute and kayak trailer in the car park.
Book online now!
Departure / meeting point
Starting point of the tour is at:
153 Arcadia Drive,
Full payment must be received on the day off booking. Cancellations must be received in writing more than 72hrs before departure for a full refund, less 10% fee for administration/handling costs. For cancellations made less than 72hrs from departure, 100% of your tour fee will be forfeited. On forwarding the tour payment you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions found here.
We strongly recommend that travellers purchase full travel insurance.
Due to the nature of our tours, weather, local council or government regulations may require changes to be made to the itineraries, or cancellation of certain excursions. Every attempt will be made to adhere to the itineraries described within the tour itinerary. In the event of changes, travellers have no right to any refund or other compensation. Should you choose not to take part in any activity or make use of services provided, no refund will be made.
Capricorn Seakayaking tours are intended for persons in reasonable health. By forwarding the tour deposit you certify that you do not have any physical conditions or disabilities that would create a hazard for you or other passengers. Capricorn Seakayaking reserves the right to decline to accept you should your health, actions or general deportment impede the operation of the tour, or rights, welfare or enjoyment of other travellers.
Capricorn Seakayaking, its staff, volunteers and associates shall not be held responsible for any liability of property loss or damage and/ or damages resulting from illness, personal injuries or death which may be sustained while engaged on our tours. Capricorn Seakayaking shall not be held responsible for any injury resulting to a person or damage or loss to property arising out of civil disturbances, weather, or Acts of God during our tours.
Ask a question
About the provider
153 Arcadia Drive,