Express Whales, Eyjafjord and Akureyri
- Thrilling RIB boat experience
- 99% sighting success of Humpback whales
- Get closer and faster to the whales
- No whales? Come again for free on our classic tour!
- No booking or credit card fees
- Free cancellation available
- Earn 727 Reward Points per guest
- Booking protection from Experee
- Gratuities / Tip (optional)
Know before you go
- Duration: 2 hours
- Minimum Height: 145 cm
- Weather Dependent: Outdoor - Yes
- Spectators: This experience is not suitable for spectators
- Animals Allowed: No Animals Allowed
- Minimum Age: 10
Experience and get close to the incredible humpback whales of the Eyjafjord, starting from the capital of North Iceland, Akureyri.
Our specially made RIB boats allow you to get closer to the whales and wildlife than any other boat can offer. The RIBs are small and fast boats that get you to the viewing area quickly and cover a larger area as we search for the wildlife. This means a bigger chance of spotting whales, dolphins and bird life with out disturbing any natural behaviours. With only 12 passengers on each boat we can guarantee an adventure of a lifetime on the most intimate whale watching tour in the north.
The Eyjafjord has 60 km of sheltered water and is just 6-10 km wide, it is absolutely perfect for out boats. It is also a place of serene beauty, framed in by massive, glacier carved and snow capped mountains. To ride out the fjord is an adventure and photo opportunity not soon forgotten. The local population, the Eyjafjord humpback whales, are already becoming world famous. They cruise the fjord in the summer in a feeding frenzy and are most active in June, July and August.
Departure / meeting point
Starting point of the tour is at:
Please wear good sturdy shoes and dress warm. We will lend you a suit and life vests to wear on the tour.
Ask a question
About the provider
We started in 2000, and over the years our products and services have developed a great deal; from small-scale seasonal tours to year-round products, and whale watching is now one of the top three tourist activities in Iceland. Now we operate out of Icelands capital, Reykjavík and also Akureyri!