North Holland Tour with Audio Guide — Volendam, Marken & Zaanse Schans from Amsterdam
- See the Dutch countryside and visit traditional villages
- Immerse yourself in the Dutch culture
- Take a boat ride between Marken and Volendam
- Visit a cheese factory, a wooden shoes factory and a working windmill
- Transport in a deluxe coach
- Tour guide & audio guide (available in 16 languages)
- Windmill entrance
- Wooden shoes factory / Clog maker visit
- Cheese factory visit
- Boat ride Marken — Volendam
- No booking or credit card fees
- Free cancellation available
- Earn 244 Reward Points per guest
- Booking protection from Experee
- Gratuities / Tip (optional)
Know before you go
- Duration: 5 hours 45 mins
- Weather Dependent: Outdoor - Yes
- Spectators: This experience is not suitable for spectators
- Animals Allowed: Guide Dogs Only
Enjoy a trip to the gorgeous countryside of North Holland (Noord-Holland)!
From Amsterdam, we head to Zaanse Schans, a charming, small village full of windmills of which a few are still in operation. Visit one of the windmills here and learn about their operation. See the green-timbered houses that are typical for Zaanse Schans.
We also visit the renowned fishing village Volendam which is situated just by the sea. Enjoy a city walk and visit a typical Dutch cheese factory! There will be time for lunch at a traditional fish restaurant (not included). Next, you will visit the village Marken, which you can reach by boat from Volendam. In Marken, you will then visit a traditional clog maker to see how the wooden shoes are made.
During the tour, you will not only be accompanied by a live tour guide but also receive an audio guide which has information in 16 different languages. Learn more about the area and the Dutch culture on this full-day excursion!
Departure / meeting point
Starting point of the tour is at:
Meet us at the Lindbergh office (Damrak 26, Amsterdam) at least 30 minutes prior to departure. Seats are only guaranteed until then
Children must be accompanied by a paying adult
Ask a question
About the provider
We offer great excursions and boat and city trips throughout the country. Our guides are experts in their field and know the beautiful country of the Netherlands and its capital Amsterdam by heart - and so do we!