Seasonal Small Group Tour through Holland — Volendam & Zaanse Schans from Amsterdam
- Visit the Dutch countryside and tour a windmill
- See the charming village Volendam
- Experience the atmosphere on the “Dijk” (Dike)
- Intimate small group experience in a deluxe coach
- Transport in a deluxe coach
- Tour guide
- Windmill tour
- Volendam Museum admission
- Cheese factory visit, demonstration and tasting
- No booking or credit card fees
- Free cancellation available
- Earn 305 Reward Points per guest
- Booking protection from Experee
- Gratuities / Tip (optional)
Know before you go
- Duration: 5 hours 15 mins
- Weather Dependent: Outdoor - Yes
- Spectators: This experience is not suitable for spectators
- Animals Allowed: Guide Dogs Only
Enjoy a small group tour to the lovely fishing village Volendam and the famous windmill destination Zaanse Schans in Holland. The countryside near Amsterdam is beautiful and encompasses many important historical highlights.
From the capital of the Netherlands we first drive to Zaanse Schans. The neighbourhood of Zaandam is particularly well-known for being one of the few places in Holland where you can still find plenty of working windmills in a single place. Enjoy a tour through one of the windmills! The miller will explain everything about them and their operation.
After admiring the charm of the Zaanse Schans and the windmills here, we head to the charming village Volendam, just by the Ijsselmeer shore. See the large fresh water lake Ijsselmeer and the thriving fishing industry of Volendam. Feel the atmosphere on the dike (“dijk”). We also visit the Volendam Museum - admission fee is included in this tour! Learn about the traditions of the village, including clothing and music. Afterwards, we head to the cheese factory to observe a demonstration, learn about the cheeses and enjoy a delicious cheese tasting.
After the cheese tasting you have some free time to explore Volendam and the dijk in your own time. Visit one of the fish restaurants along the shore and have lunch there. You could also opt to try some delicious “poffertjes” (Dutch mini pancakes) in one of the cafés.
Lastly, we return to Amsterdam on a scenic route through Holland.
Departure / meeting point
Starting point of the tour is at:
Starting point of the tour is at the Lindbergh office (Damrak 26, Amsterdam). Please ensure you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to departure. Seats are only guaranteed until then
Children must be accompanied by a paying adult
Transport in a deluxe coach
Volendam Museum admission
Cheese factory visit, demonstration and tasting
Ask a question
About the provider
We offer great excursions and boat and city trips throughout the country. Our guides are experts in their field and know the beautiful country of the Netherlands and its capital Amsterdam by heart - and so do we!