Auschwitz Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tour, Poland
- Visit the sombre memorial at Auschwitz Birkenau
- Learn the history from your expert local guide
- Reckon with a Holocaust history
- Step inside memorials and exhibits to help understand the camp
- No booking or credit card fees
- Free cancellation available
- Earn 165 Reward Points per guest
- Booking protection from Experee
- Gratuities / Tip (optional)
Know before you go
- Duration: 7 hours 30 mins
- Weather Dependent: Outdoor - Yes
- Spectators: This experience is not suitable for spectators
- Animals Allowed: No Animals Allowed
You will be picked up from the main meeting poit at 2 St. Jana Street. Alternatively, you can join the tour at your hotel reception desk at the time arranged with our reservation department.
The programme of the visit comprises the introduction to the origins of the camp, its history and the everyday life of its prisoners. The Auschwitz-Birkenau complex was established in 1940 and throughout the five years of its inglorious operation over 1.5 million Jews, Poles, Italians and Frenchman perished here.
It should be emphasized that the prisoners of Auschwitz originated from every country in Europe. The museum was founded in 1947, combining the area of KL Auschwitz (Auschwitz I) in Oświęcim and the Birkenau camp (Auschwitz II) in Brzezinka; it comprises approximately 150 buildings and 300 ruins. The original roads, fences, watchtowers and railway ramps have been preserved. The buildings house the collection of original exhibits and documents. In 1979, the concentration camp was designated as one of the UNESCO's World Heritage Sites.
Departure / meeting point
Starting point of the tour is at:
Plac Szczepanski 8,
Free Hotel pick-up is included. Customer is kindly requested to contact us at least 24h to the begining of the tour to confirm pick - up time and place of departure
Eating and smoking, as well as acting in a loud manner are forbidden at the site.
The maximum size of backpacks or handbags brought into the Museum cannot exceed dimensions: 30x20x10 cm. Larger bags must be left in the bus.
Taking photos in the buildings with the use of flash is forbidden.
You are allowed to take photos only in selected parts of the Museum.
A discount entrance fee is available for students aged up to 24 holding a valid student ID.
You have to present printed voucher to Tour Leader before beginning of the trip.
Ask a question
About the provider
Plac Szczepanski 8,