Descent and Discover Edinburgh, Self Guided Tour
- A central starting point in Edinburgh
- A perfect way to experience the underground vaults of Edinburgh
- A tour that is certainly not for the faint hearted
- No booking or credit card fees
- Free cancellation available
- Earn 40 Reward Points per guest
- Booking protection from Experee
- Gratuities / Tip (optional)
Know before you go
- Duration: 45 mins
- Weather Dependent: Indoor - N/A
- Spectators: This experience is not suitable for spectators
- Animals Allowed: No Animals Allowed
- Minimum Age: 5
Edinburgh’s old town plays host to 18th century secret underground vaults, this catacomb of chambers is certainly not for the faint hearted.
The vaults have lain empty for almost 200 years; they housed a number of businesses such as legal practices, cobblers and also some more illicit characters. Some believe Burke and Hare stored the bodies of the people they killed here!
This is self guided tour is perfect for those who are limited for time, visiting as a family or wish to take lots of photos of the haunted vaults.
Do you dare to venture into the ghostly underground chambers, hidden in under Edinburgh's famous Royal Mile?
Departure / meeting point
Starting point of the tour is at:
Wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather
Ask a question
About the provider