Edinburgh Photography Tour
- All photographic abilities are welcome, from absolute beginners to seasoned pros
- Ideal for digital SLR and compact camera users alike! Smartphones are most welcome too.
- As well as taking great shots, learn some of the wonderful and varied history of Edinburgh
- No booking or credit card fees
- Free cancellation available
- Earn 250 Reward Points per guest
- Booking protection from Experee
- Gratuities / Tip (optional)
Know before you go
- Duration: 3 hours
- Weather Dependent: Outdoor - No
- Spectators: This experience is not suitable for spectators
- Animals Allowed: Guide Dogs Only
- Minimum Age: 5
If you are an amateur photographer who would like some coaching on how to take the perfect photograph of some of Edinburgh’s iconic sites, or if you have an interest in photography but you aren’t sure how to get the most out of your camera, then this is the ideal tour for you! Even if you are a very experienced photographer who wants to visit the most photogenic spots in town this tour can do all of that and more.
Upon arrival at the tour meeting point, you will be greeted by your guide who is an experienced, professional photographer. As well as being your guide, he will also be your tutor and will start your experience by first covering some of the key elements of photography.
You will explore some of the best-known sites in Edinburgh alongside some of the lesser-known beautiful locations that the city has to offer. Throughout the tour, you will develop the skills needed to take your very own stunning photographs, covering a variety of photographic techniques as well as developing great image composition.
It's not just about photography though, during the tour you will learn about the characters and events throughout history which have made Edinburgh into the fascinating place it is today.
You’ll be encouraged to try new things; if you shoot with a wide angle lens, try a bit of telephoto and vice versa. Or keep things simple and use one fixed focal length (prime) lens such as a 50mm and explore the possibilities of shooting very shallow depths of field. All photographic abilities are welcome, from absolute beginners to seasoned pros!
Departure / meeting point
Starting point of the tour is at:
St Giles Cathedral,
Under 18's must be accompanied by a paying adult
Dress for the weather and wear appropriate footwear
Bring your own SLR, compact camera or smart phone.
Please make sure you have your batteries charged and have room on your memory card.
Please be aware that this tour goes up and down stairs.
Ask a question
About the provider
St Giles Cathedral,