Historic Vaults Tour, Underneath Edinburgh
- The 18th century vaults are a catacomb of chambers hidden deep under the Old Town
- Some believe Burke and Hare stored the bodies of the people they killed here
- The stories of the vaults are hair-raising...do you dare to enter?
- No booking or credit card fees
- Free cancellation available
- Earn 65 Reward Points per guest
- Booking protection from Experee
- Gratuities / Tip (optional)
Know before you go
- Duration: 1 hour15 mins
- Weather Dependent: Indoor - N/A
- Spectators: This experience is not suitable for spectators
- Animals Allowed: Guide Dogs Only
- Minimum Age: 5
This tour of the Edinburgh Vaults is certainly not for the faint hearted. The vaults have lain empty for almost 200 years; they housed a number of businesses such as legal practices, cobblers and some more illicit characters. This tour is packed with tales of the lives of people working and living here.
Your guide brings the jaw dropping tales to life with humour and passion, guiding you through the labyrinth of corridors and chambers.
Departure / meeting point
Starting point of the tour is at:
Wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather
Ask a question
About the provider