Secrets of the Royal Mile and Edinburgh Castle Tour, Edinburgh
- Follow your feet and discover Edinburgh’s treasure of historic gems
- Enjoy a tour around the famous Edinburgh Castle
- Travel down the closes, wynds and courtyards and learn tales of culture, crime and politics
- Discover old characters of the area including ‘Half Hangit Maggie’ and the infamous Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
- No booking or credit card fees
- Free cancellation available
- Earn 145 Reward Points per guest
- Booking protection from Experee
- Gratuities / Tip (optional)
Know before you go
- Duration: 2 hours 15 mins
- Weather Dependent: Outdoor - No
- Spectators: This experience is not suitable for spectators
- Animals Allowed: No Animals Allowed
- Minimum Age: 5
This historic city tour will have you venturing down the Royal Mile and will teach you what the guidebooks do not.
Admire the spectacular architecture of Edinburgh’s old town, including the splendour of Scotland’s original parliament building. Learn why Scots spit on the stoney heart on the Royal Mile and why the oldest equestrian statue, shocked the ladies when it was first positioned on the Royal Mile. Then enjoy a guided tour of Edinburgh Castle and witness fantastic views from the castle esplanade.
Your tour guide brings the stories to life with humour and passion, exploring the old town with one of our experts really brings old Edinburgh alive!
Departure / meeting point
Starting point of the tour is at:
Wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather
Ask a question
About the provider